Namazu-users-en(old)

Re: Hello..

On Fri, Mar 17, 2000 at 12:55:19AM +0900, Satoru Takabayashi wrote:
> Peter Marelas <maral@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >Im new to the list and the namazu product. Just droping a note
> >to mention another GPL full text indexing product im part of called
> >mifluz. http://www.senga.org/mifluz/html/
>
> Thank you for your information.  It sounds great.  Since
> Namazu's indexer called mknmz is written in perl, indexing
> takes rather a long time.  Ryuji Abe has a plan to rewrite
> mknmz with C. It would be great if we can employ mifluz to
> the task.

Certainly mifluz is up to the task. You may have read already
mifluz is designed to index a large (+10 million) number of words.
Mifluz relies on a modified version of Berkeley DB B+Tree's
(we added on compression) for storing its index. The structure
employed makes updates very fast. There is some work going on
to improve the structure.

I would be interested if the persons that designed namazu's
index structure, critisized the mifluz structure. As the
structure is the key to fast updates and query performance.

Regards
Peter Marelas