Namazu-devel-en(old)

Re: Character encoding

In article <F110GCIFoPkG0rm3rxU00006d8f@xxxxxxxxxxx>
priyas007@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>> Does Namazu support the UTF-8 character encoding for the Japanese HTML pages
>> ?

I had sent you an answer of the question by a private mail, but I
reconsidered about it, so I'll send another answer to the list.

Namazu uses a software called nkf (Network Kanji Filter) for Japanese
encoding conversion. It supports only ISO-2022-JP, Shift_JIS, and
EUC-JP.

But there is a software that supports also UTF-8 encoding, lv
<http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~nrt/lv/>.
If you change to use lv intead nkf, you may be satisfied.

Probably, you can do it with adding the folloing line to mknmzrc file.
(but I didn't test it.)

$NKF = "lv -Oej";
--
NOKUBI Takatsugu